Sunshine Village, Banff AB.

Hi there!Ā My name is Anna.

Some of you may have already read my introduction post, but in case you want to know a little bit more about me, here is another page.

Quick Facts about me:
  • I LOVE kids. I got my degree in elementary school education. People ask me what grade is my favourite…I say ā€œthey are all great and so much funā€ …..but I do enjoy teachingĀ kindergarten!šŸ˜
  • I enjoy making art…. in many different ways. It could sometimes be photographs, collages, paintings, crafts, music, or even food.Ā 
  • I love playing sports and I love riding my bike. I started biking to places just because I did not have a car, but this has now become one of my favourite hobbies.
  • I am a skier. Not a boarder. I wish I could snowboard too but I havenā€™t had enough chances to get into that yet.
  • I also love travelling, and I often spend my summers traipsing around Tokyo, or exploring other places in the world.Ā  I have ventured through 27 countries and over 45 cities in my 26 years of life so far.Ā 
  • I am happiest when I am surrounded by trees, the mountains, and the ocean.Ā 
  • I occasionally leave some mess around, but I like everything to be clean.Ā 

Now as an educator, I would also like to share some of my beliefs here as well.

What do I care most about teaching?

My educational philosophy is built on three pillars: PASSION | CONNECTION | MODELING.Ā 

I want my students to follow their passion and bring their passion, emotions, and stories to the classroom. I want to foster a genuine connection with my students, parents, and the land we live in, because this is how we start building trust. Lastly, I truly believe in the power of modelling, thus I try this everywhere – in the classroom, in someone elseā€™s classroom, in the hallway, on the playground, etc. Teachers are already very verbal, so why not try teaching in a non-verbal way?Ā 

I also love discovering something new about my students. Going outside and playing with them during lunch break and recess gave me many opportunities to connect and get to know them.

What are some of my strengths?

I think I am a very patient person. I can easily wait a toddler try to put his shoes on for 30 minutes if that is something he wants to try.Ā Ā 

I also see myself as an optimistic, adaptable, and open-minded person. Life events, interacting with many people in my life, and moving to different countries taught me how to be flexible.

This last one is rather something I value – building relationship with students. Their life is very interesting to me and they matter. I show them that through action, speech, play, in my lesson, and many more.Ā 

If you have anything in common, , or anything, please feel free to comment below! I am very excited for what this course brings this semester, and I would also love to get to know you all more!

Thanks for reading!